
Tonight when we knealt down to say family prayer I told Ellie it was her turn. She has done it several times with my help, just repeating what I say, but tonight as soon as I said it was her turn she bowed her head, closed her eyes and started, "Dear Heavely Fader, Thank you for dis day, Thank you no time out, thank you for my family, thank you we be safe, thank you for sisters, thank you for brothers, thank you for my daddy, thank you for mommy, thank you for my family, thank you for sister, thank you for brother," At this point Kami leaned over and in an exasperated tone whispered, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen". And Ellie proceeded to yell, "Amaaaen". It was so fun to see her get excited to do it all by herself.
I love that she thanked that she didn't have to go to time out! It must be making some kind of impact!
They learn so quick and are so excited when they do. She has been coming home each week from church singing the primary songs they are teaching them in Nursery and it so fun so see her so excited with herself. Last week it was "Upon a on a Rock" repeated over and over and this week it was "Follow the Prophet, follow the Prophet, follow the Prophet, don't go straaaaaight" (She could not be convinced that it was a stray) all through the preparation and the eating of Sunday dinner and on until bed. I didn't think that one was ever going to die off. It has continued through the week and I have enjoyed every minute! I do actually love that song. We have such good Nursery Leaders and the Nursery Coordinator that goes in and sings with them is Awesome!!!
3 comments:
Cute Ellie! I loved hearing her sing the other day. I love that she does it on command and sings it so loud and happy! Thank heavens for great nursery leaders! I love her! She gets cuter everytime I see her!
Your comment made my day (and maybe even my week)! I love to hear when the kids sing the songs from church at home. I think I'll make a print-out of the songs so parents know what they're singing.
You also deserve tons of credit for all you do in primary. You are so on top of it!
Yes, I second that! Heidi is AWESOME!
Post a Comment