I haven't post for a couple weeks so here is everything working backward....
Saturday November 1st
Shelbey and Sharey came to visit!!! The Carlson family was our adopted family when we lived in Phoenix. When we were first married we lived in thier ward. Sam and Richard worked together in the Young Men and he was nice enough to give him a part time job that would work around his school schedule. They invited us over for Sunday dinner and for holidays all the time. They have six kids and treated us like we were one of the family. It was great to have somewhere to go and feel at home, when we were so far from family. Great friendships never die...it has been 3 years since we have lived in Phoenix and we still keep in contact. Sam went and spent time with them last year when he was in Phoenix for the Super Bowl and in May they came and stayed with us for Womens Conference. Thier daughter Stacey just moved to SL and so they flew up to be with her and her baby's 1st birthday. We were thrilled when they came out to see us! Thier daughter Shelbey that was one of my beehives when we were in their ward, is now married and has a baby! Crazy!! This is her baby, Kenna...crawling out of her pants because she is so TINY!


This is Shelbey, she doesn't love her picture taken. Next time, just smile Shelb!!

This is sweet Grandma Sharey reading Ellie stories. She sat there and read every story she brought her, several times in fact!

Our Halloween.....What a crazy day! It started out with the Halloween Parade at school. Then home to get Kami ready for school, back to the school for her parade and then her Halloween party!


Then trick or treating and over to Aunt Holly's to see Janessa and play Rockband!


On Wednesday night our ward had its first ever Trunk or Treat...It was great. They had a carnaval before hand, then Trunk or Treating...I just hope if they do it again it will actually be on Halloween!


Ellie decorating a cookie

Tuesday night the kids carved their pumpkins. What a fun mess!!

They turned out pretty cute.

A Kitty for Kami, a Vampire for Dax and Boo for Ellie Boo.

Thursday October 23rd Sam and I celebrated our NINTH anniversary!!
Soooo Crazy! It's amazing how fast the time has flown by. We are the classic story of met, fell in love, were engaged within a month and married a couple months later. And here we are nine years later still just as happy with 3 little chickens keeping us busy! He is an amazing husband who gives me everything I could possibly want and more. He makes me laugh on a daily basis and makes life fun! (Yes I know he always looks so serious, but it is all a front) We are the perfect match. I am completely spacey and flighty and he is organized and completely put together. I am forgetful, he is a walking dictionary of everything. We are opposites that get along very well. We complement each other well and keep each other balanced. I Love you Sammy!!!

On Thursday night we got a phone call from Grandpa. He lives with my parents in
SG but occasionally goes to his home in Mona to visit friends. He was at his home in Mona and called to ask Sam if he could help him
figure out why his
tv was not working. This is not the first time Sam has gotten this phone call and so he talked him through which buttons to push and so forth. After about 20 minutes or so Sam hung up the phone and told me that he couldn't get it to work. If anyone knows Sam, it drives him crazy when he can't figure something out and he will not stop until he fixes the problem. So he said to me, "I have a lot of time coming so I am just going to work half day tomorrow and we will go to Mona as soon as the kids get out of school. Your grandpa can't just sit in his house for days without a
tv." I love that he is such a good hearted kind person and I love that he loves my grandfather as much as I do!!! The kids had a ball while we were there. They ran circles around the house and played under the same big bushes that I did when I was little. It was fun to see them doing the same things that I used to do when I used to go there.

Saturday morning, October 25th
Daxton had his last
soccor game of the fall season. Holly, John & Janessa came to watch and then as soon as it was over we headed to the movie theatre to see....what else, High School Musical 3~!

It was really cute. It was way more over done than the others, but still so cute.

Sunday Oct. 26th, my cousin Alicia and her family came up after church to have me take their family pictures. They stayed for dinner afterward and then the kids had a ball playing and frosting sugar cookies! They don't get to spend nearly enough time together!
5 comments:
Looks like you've a fun couple weeks, way to get us updated. Seeing pictures of Grandpa with your kids on his front porch in Mona really took me back....got a little teary for a minute. Weird how life evolves and changes and will never be the same..makes me wanna sing a little Trace "You're gonna miss this"
Wow fun times. That is nice of you guys to go to mona to help him. I miss going there to, I only went a few times, but it was always fun!
Ellie is SO CUTE! I love her in the wig. It looks like you guys are doing well and having lots of fun - we miss you, stop by on your way through sometime!
Holy crap! I don't know where to start! I can't believe how big Shelby's baby is already...big but tiny! And i have to totally laugh at your engagement picture. It is such a bizarre thing to see Sam with hair. It totally looks like a perfectly formed hair piece! Ahh, that made my day! And your Grandpa is so so cute! I love that Sam dropped everything and went to help! He has always been so good that way! By the way, Sam, we need your skills to get our flat screen in our bedroom on the wall! Can you take Monday off??/ THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Thanks for posting the charming picture of me...at least my baby is cute :)
Post a Comment