Thursday, May 07, 2009

Such a Good BIG Brother

Daxton has always been such a good big brother to both of his sisters. Today when they were outside, I noticed that he was giving Ellie rides on the back of her trike. She was thrilling on it. It so cute to see her with her arms wrapped tight around his neck. He is a little big for her trike and looked a little scrunched with his knees going up to his chest, but she wanted him to do it, so he did. Kami was at a friends and it was so fun to see these guys get some one on one time together.Soon afterward I noticed he was getting the t-ball stuff out of the garage. I wondered why since he has been past that for a while, but then realized that he had handed Ellie the bat. Soon he was teaching her how to hit! He was being so cute and so patient with her. Giving her all kinds of compliments and cheering super loud when she hit the ball even a few inches!
Soon after they came in he started complaining about a tooth. We had just been to the dentist two days before and found out he had a couple cavities to take care of so it didn't surprise me since they had cleaned his teeth and been messing around in his mouth. I told him I would get him some Ibuprofen and didn't think much of it. Fifteen minutes later he said, mom, my mouth feels fat and there is a bump. I looked and sure enough he looked a little swollen. I called the dentist who scheduled us for 8 a.m. By bed time this is what he looked like, and it was even worse when he woke up this morning!!! He had done all that playing with Ellie without complaint...all the while he was hurting! I felt so bad. We got into the dentist this morning and luckily it was his first molar that was going to be coming out soon anyway. He pulled it and fixed the other cavity he had next to it just in case it had anything to do with the absess. It was Daxton's first time having dental work done, and I felt so bad!! It was a pretty bad absessed tooth. They gave him gas to relax him but it was pretty painful afterward. I don't love sitting in the chair watching as they do what they have to do. It makes me feel pretty helpless!!! I sat there wishing I could trade him places!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is so cute! He is a really good brother.....and little buddy to Bubba! Pooey on the tooth probs! That sucks! Happy birthday today! Hope you have a great day! Hey, do you wanna do Brin's baptism pics?? Maybe in a weekish? Just call me!

Anonymous said...

Those first kids I tell you they are sent for a reason! What a little trooper.