Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Big & Fat Day

So I had a Doctor's appointment yesterday. He comes in, looks at my chart, and proceeds to ask, "So what happened last month?"
I look at him in question, "what do you mean?"
And he goes on, "Well, you gained A LOT of weight. What's going on???"
What to say to that???
I have my appetite back, sugar tastes good again, I don't KNOW!!!
He proceeds to tell me how worried he is about it and wants to see me back in 2 weeks instead of 4. I tell him that with every other pregnancy I have had this happen at least one of the months after I start being able to eat normally again. Still he wants to see me. blah.

So I leave and am feeling pretty crappy. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate his concern. If there was something wrong I would want him on my side looking out for me, but I really just think I am eating better or crappier, whichever. I come home to Ellie with a babysitter who wants nothing to do with me. She is mad that I came home at all and after the babysitter leaves, she won't talk to me!! So sad!

Dinner:
I thought that since Sam was out of town, I would do something fun and different for dinner. I bought some pizza dough and and rolled it out in little circles for each of the kids. I let them "create" their own pizzas which they loved and they turned out pretty good. I baked the kids pizzas first - Daxtons swelled up and was nice and puffy. While they were eating theirs, I started making mine.
Ellie: "You making yours mommy?"
M: "Yup"
E: "You have to make yours big and fat like Daxton's mommy cuz you are big and fat."
M:"Thanks Elle"
*And so that was the theme of the day. Mommy is big and fat!
Oh I can't wait to be done! I want good weather so we can start doing stuff outside, get away, do something to make the days, hours, minutes go by any faster!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh Marci! I'm sorry! It sounds like it has been one of those days! And what the heck? That is crazy that Dr. Tanner said that to you! That doesn't seem like something he would say...?? And I think you look FANTASTIC!! Ugh, there is just not much fun about being pregnant!
Hang in there!