Saturday, April 04, 2009

I love Conference Weekend

We started out our conference weekend with Sam coming home from being out of town all week!!! Yay! He got home at noon on Friday so he was able to go with me to pick the kids up. I love when he goes with me - Kami always comes out of the school, waits for Daxton and then proceeds to walk to where I am. Yesterday we saw them start to walk toward us and Kami looked up and realized that Sam is in the car with me. Her face lit up and she started to run! She is a DADDY'S GIRL! I love to see her get so excited and I can tell that he pretty much melts when she acts like that. We then went to Wal-Mart because Sam promised the kids a "prize" if they were good for me all week and I have to say, that they really were. We had a busy week of school and practices and they really did roll with whatever came at them!

Last night we split up and the boys went with Uncle Bud and all his Priests from his ward in Enterprise to the Jazz game while us girls stayed home and made sugar cookies. (I gave the girls all kinds of options for a girls night OUT and this is what they chose to do...not exactly what I had in mind, but they were in 7th heaven) We watched episode after episode of Hannah Montana while rolling out dough, cutting them out with cookie cutters and finally frosting the million that they made. It was fun to watch the girls giggle and laugh and dance with every show and get excited over the different animals and shapes that they made. I love spending time with them and letting them be creative ( I don't necessarily love the clean-up afterward!!). Kami would like to be doing something constructive with her hands 24/7.

After the game, Bud and his 12 boys and 3 leaders came to our house to crash for the night. I would have liked to see what the basement looked like when they all finally found a place to sleep, I'm sure there was no room to walk! They got up this morning and headed off to the Saturday morning session of conference.

I love conference weekend. Its a weekend free of preparing lessons, sharing times, etc. Free of ironing clothes for church and just lounging. A weekend for just being TOGETHER. I love Sunday morning with our little family gathered in the living room in our jammies, eating a BIG yummy breakfast, and being able to get our spiritual high for the week from the talks broadcast on our tv. I always look around and am overcome with how blessed we really are.

Here is a conference packet I found on-line for this conference if you have little ones. It has a little bit of everything: General Conference Packet

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love Conference weekend, but I KNOW you must totally love it cause it is a NO PRIMARY week for you! YAY! I always love to do the conference packets and little treat bags for the kids so they get excited about it too! Glad Sam is home and you guys were able to have a great weekend together!

Get Hooked said...

I love conference week! I wish it was more for the excitement to listen to a prophet and apostles, but I really enjoy the week of not thinking about what I'm going to do on Sunday. I'm glad you enjoyed it, because it is back to primary for you and me. And it will be Easter so the noise level in primary will especially energetic.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to see your blog again!I'm glad Sam is home. Enjoy it while it lasts!=)