So if you have ever seen Hitch, the movie with Will Smith, you will recall the scene with the allergic reaction and how swollen and gross his face gets...that was me yesterday!!
I went to the dentist early yesterday and I am not sure what I was allergic to, but when I got out of there I looked like Will Smiths character! My throat started closing off, my skin was fire engine red with hives all over, my lips and my face were swollen like I had a bad botox encounter! It was awful! I knew when I got done that I didn't feel well and by the time I walked in the door and met Sam waiting in the hallway cuz I had called him explaining how I felt, the look on his face said it all! His eyes grew HUGE and his first sentance was, lets go to the ER.
I lost it, broke down and bawled and he called the OB. They told him to give me Benedryl and to watch me. If my symptoms didn't improve then to take me to the Emergency Room. I started having some severe contractions and all I could see was my new baby's pictures with me looking like that holding them. DRAMA.
After sitting in the tub and letting the Benedryl take effect I started to feel better. I slept the morning away. I had an OB appointment at 2:00 anyway, so by the time Sam drove me, all that was left was big red welts and my lips still looked like I had had botox gone wrong. EMBARASSING!
It was such a crazy morning. I felt like I had been dragged through a tornado and yet the rest of the world moved on like nothing was a wry. Funny how that works? You can be having the worst day of your life and the person walking past can be on cloud nine.
Just glad its over. Glad that nothing major happened. Just wish the contractions would have continued and this journey could be done! Only a few more weeks.
5 comments:
:(
Dang...I wanted pictures! I came over that afternoon and Sam said you were COMPLETELY out of it! That is horrible! you and your allergic reactions!
Glad you are doing better! Gees, I know our babies are coming soon, but I honestly just feel like there is no end to this pregnancy! Argh!
I'm with Julie...where is the swollen face picture?? YOu take pictures of Dax's allergic reaction but not yours? I'm feeling jipped out of a good chuckle! No seriously, I'm glad you are ok!!!! Love YA!
Thats reminds me of Kambries reaction when she was two. You could not even reconize her. Scary stuff.
Im so sorry.. I thought my last pregnancy was horrible..I had blood clots all through my legs.. yuck... thats why we will never get prego again.. but maybe that is why i have such a great baby.. He is such a good boy... So there is luck... maybe this will be your best baby too.. There is hope... GOOD LUCK...
Post a Comment