Tuesday, July 08, 2008

4th of July Weekend

The morning of the fourth started out with a Ward breakfast at the park and then we headed to Provo to meet up with Todd and Wendy and their kids. We walked around visiting the booths but there a million people there...we decided to head over to Olive Garden and grab lunch. By the time we got there, Mom & Dad were coming into Provo from St. George and came to lunch with us! Later that night we went the "Culdesac of Fire". We live on the edge of a circle and each year they have a big Pot luck BBQ and Fireworks. Each year it has gotten bigger and better!



The guys in our culdesac do a great job with the fireworks, they keep them going so there isn't any down time...you can see them in this picture rushing out to light more.
Ellie got a hold of a band aid that someone had brought out for someone who got an "owie" and put it on her face...she swore she got burned by the fireworks!!

On Saturday we went to my sister's house for a BBQ. My entire family was together...a first in a VERY long time! Nichole's sister Tara and her husband Troy came too. We had a great time! The boys all played a very long game of baseball where they seemed to be having a lot of fun.

There was lots of Trampoline jumping



Sweet baby EverMy Sista and her Camera
Mom wanted pictures of the kids...but the boys were too busy so we started with the girls and by the time the boys were done, it was too dark!
Oh well, the girls are cute!
Nichole and Tara were playing badmitten...I think Nichole was having a good time!~Nichole taught the girls some cheerleading stunts!! They were loving it!
I think we may have a couple of future cheerleaders in our family!
Our weekend continued on to Monday because Sam had the day off. Steve had the day off too so we decided to venture up Little Cottonwood Canyon together for a picnic. We took a SHORT hike down to the river after we ate and the kids had a great time throwing rocks. Kami saw a snake on our hike, but unfortunately, no one else did!!! All of us looking a little haggard


Ellie had a great time on the "hike"...so would I if someone would have done this for me...




2 comments:

Fritzsche's said...

Looks like you guys had a very fun and exciting non stop weekend. I love those.

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

I freaking love that pic, I look so cool!!!! That one of Ever seriously is so cute, I must have it!