Monday, February 01, 2010

A Lazy Sunday, Family & Family Home Evening

This weekend was lazy. Saturday Sam and Dax went to Brady's shop to finish work on his security cameras (so I guess they weren't so lazy). Sam said Daxton was a huge help and a good little worker. He was really proud of him. Kamryn had gymnastics and after the girls and I went to Ikea for an afternoon of fruitless shopping and lunch. It's fun to take them out and get lunch and shop. They love when I ask their opinions on things, I can see it in their eyes. Kami told me she loves "girl days" and when we left she thanked me for taking them to lunch at least four times...it makes it so worth it. Saturday night we didn't do anything.

Sunday was stake conference. We didn't go. It's just so HARD with little ones. Forgive us. It was a great day of laying around and doing nothing. We didn't even do hair. The kids wore sweats all day. Rhett, Nichole and Ever came down and hung out. We had dinner and pretty much did nothing together. The kids had a ball playing with Ever. Kamryn likes to mother her, and Ellie likes to boss her. I see Rylie's future when she is here.


We are planning a trip to Disneyland with my side of the family. Of course I am on the hunt to do it on the cheap. Nichole was telling us that her aunt and cousins made blankets and donated them and got a free ticket to Disneyland. I have seen the commercials that say that if you give a day of service you can get a free ticket, but I assumed it had to be with some big organization like Habitat for Humanity or something. Not something I could do with my little ones and have to nurse a baby every few hours.


So I looked into it today and found that there are several organizations in the area that have teamed up with Disney and have things that they need done. I found one that sounded fairly easy and signed up. We have to make bags for special needs people. They are 18 inches by 18 inches with a draw string. Easy enough. Each person needs to make 4 to get their free ticket. I asked Sam what he thought and he was on board so for FHE tonight we talked to the kids about service and explained the deal. They were so cute, they were all excited to do it. So we got out my bin of scrap fabric and as a family started cutting out all the squares we would need to make all the bags. They were surprisingly more helpful than hindering and before I knew it all the bags were cut out. I love that my kids are getting to an age that we can do these kinds of things to teach them and show them the importance of doing things for other people. Sam made sure to tell them that it's important to do service when you don't get something in return as well.
I am excited to get them done. They want to help sew them which could be interesting, but I am so proud of them for wanting to be a part of it. I have such good kids.
I'm so excited to have found this deal....it's going to save us $335!!!! That's such a great feeling!

No comments: